Owned and Directed by Therese DiVerde and founded by Dr. Filomena M. Brooks. At YES! “Learning is Fun”.
- Using and encouraging the child’s own language in experiencing charts stories, poems, and literature.
- Develop listening skills and enjoyment.
- Math and word games used to develop and expand the child’s potentials.
Science / Math
- Develop skills of observation, prediction, and problem solving.
- “Hands on” activities and manipulative to develop concrete sense of number.
Art and Music
- Using numerous materials, textures, and media in the development of the child’s individual tactile, visual and audio perceptions.
Cooking and Tasting
- Provides measuring, math concepts, physical coordination, reading skills and trying new foods.
- Expanding the learning experiences outside the school environment. Children develop appreciation and respect for our community.
- Develop body coordination through vigorous play, wheel toys, climbing, tumbling, running and body movement.
- Infant Care, starting at 6 weeks of age, all year
- Grades 1-5 all year
- Grades 5-8 before and after school
- K-2 summer program
- Full-time and Part-time schedules available
- Accepts DES clients
- Participates in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Young Explorers Schools is an equal opportunity provider
- Personal interview and visit to our school
- Use of Courtesy Day prior to enrollment (parent and child)
- Physical exam required
- Proof of immunizations
- First week tuition payment
Parent Participation is encouraged in our educational program in these and other ways:
- Class participation
- Field Trips
- Recycling projects
- Open House activities
- Parent-Study Groups
- Exchanging Services
YES! Young Explorers Schools – Where You’re Extra Special! Contact Us at 520-747-1816 for availability and rate information.