Happy New Year! We are looking forward to all the new experiences, adventures and happenings in 2018. We have survived many challenges in 2017 so it is hopeful we will do more than survive but thrive and grow in 2018.
Just a reminder, Young Explorers will be open on Jan. 15th, Martin Luther King Day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNG EXPLORERS
YES! turns 47 years old this month. We will host our birthday party on Thursday, January 25th from 5:00 p.m.-6:15 p.m. YES! will provide dinner – the hot dogs, fruit and salads, drinks and of course birthday cake. Reservations would be appreciated by Tuesday 23th. Invite former students and their families that you know them to the momentous event. We do have parents attending now who were here as children, too. Let’s Party!
LIONS CLUB VISION SCREENING
Last year our school was invited to participate in vision screening for our children. We are scheduling a visit soon. We will be sending out the permission slips and also more information regarding the program. This is a great opportunity for your family to be aware of the vision needs of your child. The procedure is simple and quick. We appreciate the Lions Club time and service. This is a great opportunity for your family.
- Please call in when your child is ill and will not be attending. This is important for us to know the latest “bug”. Children must be fever free (without medication) diarrhea free, and upchuck free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Please call when your child will be late for school. This means they will miss breakfast or lunch. If your child is coming after the designated meal times it would be helpful to know by 9:00 a.m. when we are doing the meal counts and having the necessary quantities.
- If your child has been to their doctor and has recent immunizations we need a copy of updated immunization forms. This is extremely important in keeping our records current for the Pima County Health Department.
- We need correct and current addresses, phone numbers, and people designated for authorized pick up. We often discover when children become ill that the contact numbers are not in service. We must be able to reach someone in a reasonable amount of time. When children are ill they need to be removed from the center within ½ hour at the most. This is important since many children tend to react to fevers and other symptoms quickly. Many parents want to be able to get their children to medical attention before their regular doctor’s offices close.
- When bringing children in or picking children up while the class is out on the playground, be sure to notify the teacher that the child is present or leaving. This is important for our record keeping and child safety.
- Tuition is due on Monday and past due after Wednesday.
- Remember the 10 hour rule.
- Dress in layers. It’s cold then hot and sometimes “coldish”.
- Tax statements are available, please sign up on clipboard. We would appreciate at least 48 hour notice. Our school records are kept at the Young Explorers Business Office.
- Please wash and return our emergency school clothes as quickly as possible. It would help to have your child’s backpack with extras just in case.
Just a Thought!
Hopefully you were able to get through the holidays with a smile and deep breaths. We are looking forward to a busy new season at Young Explorers. Our birthday party in January, Valentine Party in February and our Rodeo Party in February are just a few events that will provide us with many new experiences. Watch for new songs and activities.
We are blessed with special resource people. John Ross from Make Way for Books and Grace Young our amazing music teacher come weekly to enrich our program. We are looking to get our garden growing this spring. If you have a green thumb and can come and assist us with this, please let us know.
According to the Courtney Carver author of Soulful Simplicity, Encourage your friends and family to answer the question, “What made you smile today?” instead of asking How are You? This gives everyone a chance to respond with a more detailed or positive response. I have tried this question this week with parents and teachers. It is remarkable what the responses have been! Hope you try this at work. It would surprise you what the responses will be. You may indeed find something positive and humorous to brighten your day.
See you at our 47th Birthday Party!